Home > Staying in Jeollabuk-do > Banking Information
Coins and Notes
Coin denominations are 1, 5, 10, 50, 100, and 500 won, but 1 and 5 won coins are rarely used. Notes are 1,000, 5,000 and 10,000 and 50,000 won.
Also bank cheques of 100,000 won are used as notes, but when you use a bank cheque, you must show your I.D. card or passport
Foreign bank notes and traveler's cheques can be converted into Korean won at foreign exchange banks and other authorized money changers. The exchange rate is subject to market fluctuations.
- Exchange Rate ARS Service : 82-2-3709-8000 (code No. 351)
- Thomas Cook : 82-2-733-6601
- American Express Traveler’s Cheques : 82-2-399-2915
Credit cards, including VISA, American Express, Diners Club, Master Card and JCB, are accepted at major hotels, department stores, and larger restaurants.
- VISA : 82-2-524-9827
- Master Card : 82-2-398-2200
- Diners Club : 82-2-222-6100
- American Express : 82-2-552-7600
- JCB : 82-2-755-4977